Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April 5th... A Great Day in History for Book Releases


April 5th is circled multiple times in bold red marker on my calender.  The morning started off pretty poorly, for a pre-prophesied Day of Awesomeness, with lightning storms and tornadoes raging through North Carolina and everyone losing their power.  But I'm confident things can only improve from there, what with the release of four much-anticipated sequels which I (along with the rest of the world's YA readers in the case of the first release), have been desperate to get my hands on... 

 City of Fallen Angels... it's here(!), it's shiny(!), and it's chock-full of Isabelle, Jace, Clary, Magnus, and Church and all those other people I've missed so much(!)

Plague-- the fourth book in the Gone series and the subject of my very first Waiting on Wednesday post.  Those cliffhanger endings have made for two very painful years, and I'm sure Plague will not disappoint.

Huntress is a sort of companion novel to Malinda Lo's Ash, one of my all-time favorite fantasies and a beautiful book. Early reviews of Huntress (you lucky people with your ARCs!) sound very promising.

Red Glove is the much-acclaimed sequel to White Cat, the first book in Holly Black's Curse Workers series.  I did have the chance to read this one early on, and was definitely not disappointed!  

Happy Release-Day to all of these books and their amazing authors.

5 comments:

Rebecca Christiansen said...

Eeeek, Huntress! Cannot wait to pick that one up.

Valen Steel said...

The Emerald Atlas came out today as well, and it looks really good! Its suppose to be Harry Potter, Narnia and A Series of Unfortunate Events combined!! AND cant wait to read CoFA!!!

Maria Behar said...

Hey, there, Kat!! First of all, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment!! You ROCK, girl!!

And now.....I can't believe "City of Fallen Angels" is already out!!!!! YAY, YAY, YAY!!!! You would think I've already read the first three books in the series, right? Well, I haven't....lol. But I'm happy anyway, because now I can complete my collection!!! (And, of course, read them. Hee, hee!! And those covers are SOOOO exquisite!)

I'm not familiar with the other books released today, but I will definitely check them out!!

Keep up the GREAT work!! : )

Carissa said...

I finished Red Glove over the weekend and I think I can sum it up in one word: AMAZING!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Wow! That is a lot of good books being released today :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...