Friday, September 28, 2012

Announcement: Myriad of Monsters in October




Kat of a Myriad of Books proudly hesitantly announces…




Every year since I first started my little blog (read: twice, we are fast approaching its two-year anniversary), I've had this idea in the back of my head to feature a bunch of horror and supernatural book reviews and hold a Halloween-themed event.  This year, I'm away at college and really missing the array of October traditions back home-- pumpkin pie, creepy corn mazes, SyFy movie marathons, and going trick-or-treating with my cousins--, just the whole Halloween shebang.  I'm not really into college parties, so I'd kinda resigned myself to having to basically "skip" the Halloween season this year.

Then it occurred to me a few days ago: how better to celebrate Halloween then by doing a tribute to its themes on my sometimes sadly-neglected blog?  The horror genre has long been one of my favorites, so I thought it would be awesome to post some reviews for my favorite books of the genre.  And ideas for posts just kept coming: I could feature some creepy covers, rate the best and worst of Stephen King, best literary-inspired Halloween costumes, even feature some horror movies.  So I made this button (hardly a work of art, I know) and decided to call it an event.  A very loosely-structured, informal, small event, but a blog event nevertheless.  Throughout the month of October, I hope to post reviews of tales of the horrific and paranormal, both classic and contemporary, and I'll be featuring a few special posts on the theme of Halloween as well.  As usual, the posting schedule will probably be sporadic depending on the intensity levels of my homework and mid-terms this month, but I'll be trying my best to frequent the blogosphere more and more frequently.  Can't wait for October 1st!

 

3 comments:

anya said...

Hello there! I am a new follower of this blog and I am loving it :)

Myriad of Monsters-- what a wonderful idea! After all, Halloween is one of the best holidays: fright houses and free candy; who could ask for more?

Also, it is a lovely button. I will definitely try and comment on all of your posts! :D

Aylee said...

Ohh, cool. I've never personally set up any sort of event on my blog, but I am always so envious of those people who can successfully manage to put together a group of posts based on one idea. I'm looking forward to Halloween themed posts from you! It'll put me in the mood, for sure.

Kat said...

@Aylee-- Yeah, I've never done an event before, and this isn't what I'd called a very coordinated event-- just like a group of themed posts. Thanks for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...