Friday, November 26, 2010

Follow Friday+ The Book Blog Hop (7)



Well, it's Friday once again and this week I'm not so much sick of school as battling a turkey hangover.  I hope everyone reading from the US had a great Thanksgiving, and has an equally awesome Black Friday. (Which here means snagging a lot of deals, since peaceful and non-hectic is too much to ask for. :) )  Granted, I'm not braving the crowds myself-- I'm far too fond of sleeping in. 
Anyway, I'd like to welcome anyone stopping by my blog via the Book Blog Hop (hosted by Crazy-for-Books) or following via FF (hosted over at Parajunkee's View).  Leave a comment so I can hop by your blog as well. :) 

The blog hop question is "What is your favorite book cover?" 
My answer: Oh no... how can I possibly pick just one.  I confess to sometimes judging a book by its cover. :) Okay... lately I am particularly enamored of the cover for Luminous by Dawn Metcalf.  It's absolutely gorgeous... *dreamy sigh*.  But as far as among my favorite books, I really love the US covers for Scott Westerfeld's Uglies Trilogy, which all feature Tally-wa's face... you have to read the series to know why her looks change so drastically. 
The Pretties cover is my favorite-- who are these models?  They really do look just as beautiful as the pretties in the books must be. Alright, that's enough fawning over covers. :)

A very quick re-cap of what's been going on around A Myriad of Books this week:

--It's the last week to enter my giveaway to win a copy of Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton, along with a beautiful necklace provided by Kersten herself.  I don't have so many entries that the odds of winning are that scarce, so please just throw your name into the (virtual) hat. :)
-- I signed up for the 2011 Debut Author Reading Challenge and picked out some debut novels that look fantastic.

And finally, this blog is almost to 100 followers!!  I never thought the day would come, especially not so soon.  Thanks guys, for checking out and following my little blog.  I hope you all have an awesome weekend!

10 comments:

Jamie said...

Here from Follow Friday! That cover for Luminous is gorgeous and I'm with you..those models are spot-on for that book! Haha and turkey hangover! :P ME TOO! The cure for turkey hangover is probably having a leftover turkey sandwich! :)

Uniquely Moi Books said...

Thanks for stopping by! I've NEVER seen LUminous but I think now its MY fav!!! Have a Great weekend!

Kate said...

Saying hi for Blog Hop. I'm a new follower! I love the cover for Luminous too!

http://readafteryourbedtimebookreviews.blogspot.com/

Sniffly Kitty said...

I've never seen the Luminous cover. It's absolutely stunning!

Stopping by from Follow Friday and am your newest follower~~

Sniffly Kitty
Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books

Vanessa Morgan said...

Here for the Book Blog Hop. Have a lucky weekend!

Vanessa
http://vanessa-morgan.blogspot.com

Bellamay said...

followed you and awesome covers/layout

Bella said...

Hello, Just stopping by for the Hop. I've never heard of Luminous before, but that cover is gorgeous! I may just have to read it! Definitely becoming a new follower!

Have a great weekend!
Bella
www.cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Luminous is probably the best cover I've seen on this hop! Also, I wish I had stayed with The Pretties series...those are great covers too:-)

Caroline said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know I have an award for you back at my blog. Sorry if you don't accept them, but I just wanted to let you know. :)

Kait Ballenger said...

Hi! Stopping by from the blog hop. I'm your newest follower. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. Have a great weekend.

--Kaitlyn
http://nocturnalreadings.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...