Friday, February 4, 2011

Follow Friday & The Book Blogger Hop (16)

TGIF!!!  This week has honestly been one of the longest, most frustrating weeks I can remember, but there's nothing like a few hours of blog hopping (best accompanied by pizza, a stack of books, and some really loud music) to kick off the weekend!  A big hello to anybody stopping by my blog for the first time today via Follow Friday (hosted by the awesome Parajunkee) or the Book Blogger Hop (hosted weekly by Jennifer over at Crazy-For-Books).  Leave your link when you comment, and I'll be sure to hop on over to your blog later, once I escape from school.
Also, be sure to check out my giveaway for awesome YA historical fiction novel Daughter of Xanadu and my interview with author Dori Jones Yang (here).  There's only one week left to enter, and entries are bizarrely low, so you've got a great shot at winning the book!



This weeks featured blogger over at FF is Katy of Vision Quest Fail.  The question is:

What is the book you are currently 'pushing'?

My answer: What book aren't I pushing is a better question!  I love to let people I know browse my bookshelves (which are more crammed than the small town library's) and let them pick out whatever sounds great to them and offer recommendations.  But I'm always loaning out the Hunger Games trilogy, as well as the Gone series by Micheal Grant.  (If you haven't already... read these books!! I'm being pushy about it. :)



The Blog Hop question is: "What are you reading now and why are you reading it?"
My answer: Currently I'm absorbed in Wither by Lauren DeStefano (great book!), as well as Lost Voices by Sarah Porter.  After that I'm looking forward to diving into Behemoth.  I haven't been able to do as much reading or blogging and reviewing lately because of my super-hard honors classes and hardcore studying for the SATs, but as of now I'm going to start fitting reading in one way or another!


I wish you all happy hopping and an awesome weekend!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kat! You need to get a blog button! I'm making the rounds of my fav blogs to add links to my sidebar but alas... Have a great weekend! :)

Carmel @ Rabid Reads / Twitter

Lucia (iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books) said...

Aw... have a great day at school!

Happy Friday!
Lucia
iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books

Kat said...

@Carmel-- I know, I really need a button!! Lately everything has been so crazy and I've barely had time to breathe... maybe I'll make one this weekend. Thanks for thinking of my blog. :)

My answers to the questions are now up! (Finally!!) I don't have a computer class anymore, so I have no way of updating from 6 to 4. Sad, but true.

Marrion said...

Hunger Games too? hehehe... Great! I'll be going to take the push and get a copy for myself! Hope you enjoy reading Wither! Can't wait to read what you think about it! New follower by the way!^^

Here's my FF and Book Blog Hop

Laura said...

Hi! I'm a new follower :o) Both Wither and Lost voices are books I'm dying to read! Can't wait to hear what you think! Happy hopping!

http://readbtwnthelines-laura.blogspot.com/

Tevya said...

New follower! Thanks for introducing me to some new titles.

Reading Lark's Blog Hop

danya said...

Just hopping on by! I am looking forward to both Wither and Lost Voices. Also just want to say that your blog header is very cool!

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I'm very excited for Wither. I thought Lost Voices was so-so.
My Hop

Kat said...

@Danya-- Thanks! My header went through a lot(!) of evolution to get to its current state, but I think it now captures the spirit of the blog perfectly. :)

@Marrion-- Awesome! Hope you love the Hunger Games!

Liz said...

Hunger Games and GONE...perfect combination! Even though Mockingjay was a letdown, HG is still awsome! And speaking of you publishing....I never did get to finnish the book you wrote about the girl with pink hair...and the dude with the wooden locker! I know you don't think it's that good, (even though it's amazing!) I'd still love to read it...:D Pwease?
~liz

Kat said...

@Liz-- I actually liked Mockingjay! (Except for the part where she kills everybody off, yeah)
'Pink-haired girl and boy with wooden locker... ha ha, that sounds so bizarre. ;) That's really one of the oldest of my writing things I still have on file, tho, and it's really terrible (please don't make me release it from under my bed!!) I really need to read one of *your* story-- tell you what I think ,kay? xD

Rachel said...

Stopping by via the hop. Just thought I'd say hello! Great blog you have here.

Rachel
And the plot thickens...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...