Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (17)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted at Breaking-The-Spine.com that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.  This week I'm waiting on... 

Divergent by Veronica Roth 
To Be Released: May 3rd 2011

(from Goodreads):
One choice.
One choice decides your friends, defines your beliefs, and determines your loyalties . . . forever.
Or, one choice can transform you.
In Veronica Roth's debut novel, a perfect society unfolds into a dystopian world of electrifying decisions, stunning consequences, heartbreaking betrayals, and unexpected romance.


Is this the next epic dystopian series in the spirit of the Hunger Games? A lot of reviewers seem to think so.  This is one heck of a book at nearly 500 pages, and I'm on pins and needles waiting for it.
So, what are you waiting on this Wednesday?

8 comments:

Mia said...

Ooh! This is one of my anticipated reads for this year as well! :) Great pick!

Here's my WoW

Mrs. DeRaps said...

And when you read it, 500 pages will seem like nothing. It did for me. Loved it. Big time. Can't wait to buy a finished copy!!

Skye (In The Good Books) said...

Sounds like an exciting read. Nice pick!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

This a must have for me too!

Unknown said...

Can't wait for this one!! I love dystopians and this one sounds really good. Great pick!

Jenny said...

I can't wait for this one either Kat! I love the sound of it and I adore that cover, I'm going crazy waiting for it:) Fantastic WOW pick!

Candace said...

Me too! I want this book SO BAD! I'm pretty sure a copy was just mailed to me this evening so I'm preparing for holing up to read it the second it arrives!

Kat said...

@Candace-- Oh, you are lucky! I'd sell my soul to get on an ARC tour this one, lol.

@Jenny-- I'm also a fan of the cover. Wonder if it's...shiny? :D

@Mrs. DeRaps-- So glad you loved it! Is the review on your blog? I'm going to go check. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...