Saturday, May 28, 2011

In My Mailbox (#17)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. The idea behind IMM is not only to put new books on our radars but also to encourage blogger interaction. IMM explores the weekly contents of our mailboxes: books bought, received, won, and borrowed, along with other goodies and swag.

Lots of great books in the mailbox this week, and more to come next week-- I just ordered a whole bundle of books, including Libba Bray's Beauty Queens, as a sort of birthday present to myself.  (You know you've given yourself a birthday present at least once, and I go a step further, actually pretending to be surprised ;)  And I'm so excited, as I know all of you other students and teachers must be, to get started with summertime reading!!!

So here's what I got:
From the Library:


For Review:

-- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (yay!)
-- Cloaked in Red by Vivian Vande Velde
-- Clover (complete bind-up manga) by CLAMP
-- Warped by Maurissa Guibord
-- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
-- Prophecy of Days by Christy Raedeke
-- Merciful by Casey Adolfsson
-- Wildefire by Karsten Knight
-- The Lost Crown by Sarah Miller
-- The Babysitter Murders by Janet Ruth Young

Thanks to:
-- the Gaston/Lincoln library system
-- Casey Adolfsson
-- Simon & Schuster
So, what's in your mailbox this weekend?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great digs this week. Anna and the French Kiss was very good, I hope you enjoy it.

I also have Wildefire and The Baby Sitter Murders waiting to be read.

Hope your weekend is great,
-Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

Anonymous said...

I loved Anna and the French Kiss! Stephanie Perkins is all kinds of brilliant.

IMM @ The Loveless Library:
http://thelovelesslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-may-2011.html

Chelsey @ Starry Sky Books said...

Can't wait to see what you think of Warped! That's still one I haven't gotten a copy of. And I loved Anna and the French Kiss, hope you enjoy it! :)

Here's my IMM!

Ange said...

Anna and the French Kiss is one of my favourite books! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Happy Reading!

Ange @ Moonlight Reader

My IMM: http://tiny.cc/v1qvr

Jessica L. Tate said...

Oooh, I just read the synopsis of The Babysitter Murders and it sounds good. I think I've found my next WoW. ^_^ Here was my In My Mailbox (part of my FF/BBH).

Kat said...

@Jessica S-- Yes, the Babysitter Murders was definitely a unique read-- I just finished it! Have fun WoWing it. :)

@Loveless Library-- Stephanie Perkins *does* seem like she's a million kinds of awesome! She lives in NC, loves loud music... and well, she wrote Anna and the French Kiss! Definitely going down on my list of Authors I'd Absolutely Love To Interview.

Speaking of interviews, I have an interview with debutante author extraordinaire Dawn Metcalf coming up... so psyched!

Kira said...

I loved Anna and the French Kiss. It was so cute! I'm really looking forward to reading Wildfire. Enjoy your books!

My IMM

Maria Behar said...

Very exciting finds! I envy you, girl!! How do you make time for all that reading?

I'm going to check these out on Goodreads, where they will probably get added to my already HUMONGOUS TBR list!!

Thanks for sharing! : )

Unknown said...

I looooved Anna and the french kiss :). Maybe I loved it because i'm french and proud of my country? ^^
Anyway I can't wait to read her second book Lola and the boy next door now !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...