Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (25)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted at Breaking-The-Spine.com that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week I'm featuring one book whose release I'm anxiously awaiting and another which I'm waiting on (with somewhat less confidence but equal anticipation) to magically Apparate onto my bookshelf... 



Forbidden by Tabitha Suzama
To-Be-Released (in the US): June 28th 2011

(from Goodreads):
Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.


Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves

(from Goodreads):
Love can be a dangerous thing.... Hanna simply wants to be loved. With a head plagued by hallucinations, a medicine cabinet full of pills, and a closet stuffed with frilly, violet dresses, Hanna's tired of being the outcast, the weird girl, the freak. So she runs away to Portero, Texas in search of a new home.
But Portero is a stranger town than Hanna expects. As she tries to make a place for herself, she discovers dark secrets that would terrify any normal soul. Good thing for Hanna, she's far from normal. As this crazy girl meets an even crazier town, only two things are certain: Anything can happen and no one is safe.



What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great W.O.W. I didn't so much enjoy bleeding violet but forbidden sounds like an interesting read.

Here's my W.O.W : http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday3.html

-Mocha from http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading Forbidden...definitely sounds like an interesting read!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

These sound quite explosive...especially Forbidden.

Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST

Karen said...

I'm going to wait for the reviews of Forbidden before I go out and get it. A bit wary of the Flowers in the Attic angle.

Karis Jacobstein said...

Great blog! Great choices! Definitely following!

My WWW and WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/04/www-and-waiting-on-wednesday-april-27th.html

Kat said...

@Karen-- I know what you mean, because I really didn't enjoy Flowers in the Attic, either. But there are actually tons of reviews for Forbidden on Goodreads... it was released in the UK and Australia a year ago, and many lucky reviewers have already given it rave reviews. That's what I based my picks on, most of the time. :)

Unknown said...

Great picks! I haven't heard of either of these but they both sound good! And have pretty covers! Happy reading,

Carmel @ Rabid Reads
Here's my WOW.

Laura (All of Everything) said...

Forbidden sounds pretty heavy, I can't wait to read it. Bleeding Violet was interesting to say the least, not like anything I'd ever read lol

Kat said...

@Laura-- I keep hearing that Bleeding Violet is an odd one! That's mostly why I want to read it, lol. :)

Christina / Book Addict said...

They are both great picks. I really want to read Bleeding Violet, but they both sound promising. I hope you get your hands on a copy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...