Monday, August 8, 2011

AFK: The Beach House Edition

I've squinted and squinted at this photo, trying to decipher the print and figure out what book it's from.  Well, I've officially decided it's a task for the birds.  This week I'm heading out to the Outer Banks of North Carolina to stay in a friend's beach house with my family.  Said beach house is a glorious place, save for the small matter that it lacks WiFi.  Yes, I know, *gasp*.  Sadly, I won't be able to linger around the blogosphere, commenting and updating, this week, though (Never fear!) I do have a slew of scheduled posts coming your way.  In the meantime, I'll be reading, relaxing in the sand and surf, and trying to contain my Internet withdrawal symptoms.  I might be able to snag a few quick computer sessions in an Internet cafe sometime...

A few of the books I'll be enjoying on the beach: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (which has been sitting on my shelf in anticipation of this trip for months), The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, and a novel called Battle Royale which is often said to be the inspiration for the Hunger Games.  Until I return, Au revoir!

2 comments:

Aylee said...

Jealous! Have fun :)

Sash and Em said...

I had a hard time getting into Gone.

Check out my Top 10!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...