Friday, January 21, 2011

Follow Friday + The Book Blogger Hop (14)

Happy Friday, everybody!  A warm welcome to everyone stopping by my blog for the first time today via the Book Blogger Hop (hosted by Crazy-for-Books) or Follow Friday (hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View), as well as to any old followers dropping by to say hi.  I've been down with the flu for a while this week, and don't want to miss a minute of sleeping (I've bested the average household cat with 20+ hours a day ;), so I'll make this post quick. Leave me the link to your blog when you comment to say hi, and I'll be sure to hop on by later.   And there's still more than a week left to enter my giveaway to win the Iron Fey trilogy by Julie Kagawa, so check that out if you wanna. :)



Over at Follow Friday, this week's featured blogger is Logan E Turner.  Be sure to stop by her blog and follow if you haven't already.  And the question she asks is:

                                                            
                                Who do you cheer for?

 Me: *Blanches*.  What is this you speak of... sports? ;)  I'm not a big sports fan, and that's an understatement.  I sometimes go with my family in the summer to watch the local minor league baseball team, the Hickory Crawdads, and I used to cheer on the Carolina Panthers from the comfort of my living room.  (Back in the day, before they sucked so bad.  Remember that? ...Anyone remember?)  Nowadays, I rarely watch a game.  Shame, but it's true. 


The Book Blogger Hop question is:   Not yet posted.  I'll update as soon as Jennifer posts the Blogger Hop... or possibly later.  I might have to sleep before then.

I hope you all have an awesome weekend, and wish you happy hopping!

9 comments:

Nina B. said...

New follower here! I'm not a big sports fan and to tell you the truth, I only ever watch basketball sporadically. I like the Miami Heat, though.

Brush Up On Your Reading

Anonymous said...

I always say there is not enough time to read as many books as I would like. Therefore, I can't take my "not enough time" and dedicate it to watching sports. However, I do like it when my husband watches sports because it's an easy time to read without feel like I'm "neglecting" spending time with him. Plus he gets so involved in the games that I doubt he realizes I'm in the same room. LoL!

Readaholics said...

Hey you, just stopping by on the hop and follow. Cheer up and Cheer!!!
Happy Reading!!!
See ya!
Dana
Readaholics Anonymous

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-book-blog-follow-friday_21.html

Aaron Pound said...

New follower for Follow Friday, and since I love books and reading about books, I figured following you would be a good idea. Looking forward to reading your blog.

Aaron (Dreaming About Other Worlds).

Phaedra said...

Hey! I'm a new follower! I cheer for anyone who isn't wearing black and gold! Check me out at www.phaedrashowandtell.blogspot.com

Sugar and Snark said...

Hopping by to say have a great weekend!

Already a follower :)

If you have a second please have a look at my new blog:
Quick Quotes Quills

Lu from Lu's Bloody Big Book Blog

Emi said...

This Crawdads is an AWESOME team name! I'm not into sports, but I think I'd be more willing to go and watch some games if my team was called the Crawdads. Is there a mascot? I want to seeeeeee!

Anyway, thanks for following my blog! I would return the favor, but I'm already following yours. ;) Have a happy weekend!

Emi
http://oktopusink.blogspot.com

Kat said...

@Emi-- Ha ha, yeah, the Crawdads have some pretty crazy mascots running around their stadium. http://www.flickr.com/photos/94393434@N00/4053423967/

Now if only they could win some games this season! ;)

@Lu-- I ADORE the name of your new blog. Two blogs and our Goodreads group-- how will you do it?? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...