Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Resolve to Read in 2011

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week I'm going to commit to reading ten of those books I always say I'm going to read... and somehow don't. These misfit books have been on my to-read Goodreads page for two years...here they are: 

1. 
It's brilliant, they tell me.  It's not even like Twilight, they tell me.  Just wade through the first 100 pages, they tell me.  This year, I'm going to give it a wholehearted go, I swear.
2.

I really have no idea why I've yet to read the Song of the Lioness Quartet.  Like the new cover...
3. 
Got to read this one before the new movie comes out.
4. 
Book people beat on me (with this lovely tome) for not having read Gone with the Wind.  But it's so enormous
5. 
I like the premise of this one: lady pirate reincarnated into a hundred dogs, then finally a teenage girl.
6. 
I'm a Dracula-fanatic.  This book won the Bram Stoker award (ha)
7.

8.
Another apparently brilliant YA paranormal I've yet to read.
9.
Lots of good hype for this one.
10.

First book of the popular Immortals vampire series-- though I thought I was vamped-out.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list! I have read a few off your list, and really enjoyed Beastly, Nightshade, Hex Hall and Hunger.

I think I gave up on reading The Host, I have had it for so long. I'll check your review on that one.

Good luck on your reading goals!

danya said...

I made an attempt at Gone With the Wind years ago, but it is just so daunting. I think I should try again though!

Oh, and I wholeheartedly recommend the Song of the Lioness Quartet, it's absolutely awesome.

Lark Andrea said...

Nightshade is on my list too. I have heard great things about it. :)

Kat said...

@the reading date-- Cool, those are a few of the ones I'm really looking forward to. A few of these I've tried to read before and wasn't such a fan.

@Danya-- I made it through about 30 pages of Gone with the Wind before returning it to the library, I'm afraid. It is *so* long! Good luck trying it again.

@Andrea-- Everyone seems to love Nightshade, I thought I must be the last YA blogger in the world to read it! Hope we both enjoy it! :)

Unknown said...

I've heard the same kind of things about The Host. Good for you for adding it to your list! I'm not quite there yet...

Mrs. DeRaps said...

From this list, I've only read Nightshade. I loved it! Hope you like them all!

Bridleless said...

I've read Gone With the Wind - loooongggg but worth it! Story is so good you can't stop reading. I tried to get through The Host twice now and just can't. When you read it, let me know how it is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...