Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (13)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted at Breaking-The-Spine.com that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.  This week I'm waiting on... 




Luminous by Dawn Metcalf 
To Be Released: July 7th, 2011 

(from Goodreads): 
When sixteen-year-old Consuela discovers she can remove her skin, revealing a lustrous mother-of-pearl skeleton, she slips into a parallel world known as the Flow, a place inhabited by archetypal teens with extraordinary abilities. Crafting skins out of anything – air, water, feathers, fire – she is compelled to save ordinary people from dying before their time. Yet now someone is murdering them, one by one, and Consuela finds herself the focus of an intricate plot to end the Flow forever when all she really wants is to get back home, alive. 


Luminous had me at the cover.  But the synopsis has me anticipating the story-- this sounds truly unique, like nothing I've ever read or heard of before.  Still six months to wait until it comes out... but I have a hunch the wait will be well worth it. 


So, what are you waiting on this Wednesday?

9 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I love the premise of this one - there's something about the cover that kind of throws me off though haha great pick! :)

Anonymous said...

The cover is beautiful! The plot sounds very different, too--definitely seems intriguing. Great pick!

Here's my WoW

brandileigh2003 said...

I have never heard of this one, but it sounds like a neat premise.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Katie said...

The book doesn't sound like something that I would really like, but that cover is to die for. Love it! Hope you enjoy reading it when you get it :)

Tara said...

The cover is gorgeous but I'm not sure I see the correlation between it and the story. Either way, the storyline sounds super intriguing and definitely sparked my interest!

Lucia (iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books) said...

Haven't heard of this one, but I will definitely check it out! The cover is so pretty! Does anybody else think she looks like Naya Rivera?

Here's my WoW.

Carissa said...

This sounds so good and the cover is absolutely stunning! Great Pick!


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway!

Kat said...

@Carissa-- I'm so happy to have found your blog! I absolutely loved your guest post on Brandi's blog-- we seem to have very similar tastes in YA and paranormal. And the giveaway is just awesome. Thanks for stopping by mine. :)

@Lucia-- Naya Rivera of Glee? I love her so much-- I'm a proud Gleek! The cover model does resemble her somewhat, thouh I don't think we'd ever catch a smile that innocent on Santana's face. ;)

@Melissa-- I think the pose (head tilted and neck sort of curved) is *very* unusual-- makes you look twice. It catches the eye either way, though.

@Tara-- Honestly, I have no idea what butterflies have to do with anything either, judging from just the short synopsis, either. But it most likely has something to do with the 'Flow' world. It is stunning, though, 1 way or another! :)

BLHmistress said...

What an unique premise definitely got my attention and thank you for putting it on my radar.

My WOW

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...