Thursday, March 31, 2011

Follow Friday+ the Book Blogger Hop (19)

Happy Friday! Hello to anyone and everyone stopping by my blog via Follow Friday (hosted by paranormal-blogging queen Parajunkee) or the Book Blog Hop (hosted weekly by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books).  And a big hello to any of my followers dropping in to say hi. :)  Thanks so much for visiting-- leave me your links and I'll be sure to hop on over to your blogs and follow you back later.  

This week's featured blogger over at FF is: Books Ahoy!
  Be sure to hop by their blog and follow if you haven't already. 

The question is inspired by Twitter's 100 facts about me:

Give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you.


My answer:

1. Our featured blogger lamented that she's an ADD reader, reading several books at once.  I can totally relate: I'm reading five books right now, and am just barely able to keep their stories straight.  

2.  My favorite genres have always been fantasy and science fiction, but recently I've really gotten into historical fiction and steampunk (which is a happy, slightly mad Victorian blend of historical and science fic).
3. I own exactly 346 book, at last count, after having donating a couple dozen a few weeks ago.  I'm sure that's nothing to some of you hardcore reviewers, but hey-- for a kid with no independent income, I've really racked up on the books. (And quickly surrendered every bit of money I ever earned to Amazon.com and Borders ;)

4.  My to-read list on Goodreads is about 220 books long.  I wish I was kidding, because once again, things aren't looking so hot for my wallet!

5. I keep a notebook with a running tab of every book I've ever read, its author, and a quick rating of 1-10 on the awesome-o-meter.  I've been doing this for about five years now, and the notebook is really starting to fill up.


The question over at the Book Blogger Hop is: 
"Since today is April Fool's Day in the USA, what is the best prank you have ever played on someone OR that someone has played on you?"

My answer: Hmm... I'm really not much of a prankster, practical-joker type.  In fact, I'm usually wayyyy too serious.  Once I wrapped up a mold of my teeth (my pre-braces teeth, gaps and all, the kind they always give you at the orthodontist) and presented it to my sister as a birthday present.  But that wasn't even on April Fool's Day, so not sure if it qualifies.  I'd love to hear about you guys' pranks, because they HAVE to be funnier/ more interesting than mine!!


Wishing everyone happy hopping and a fantastic weekend!

12 comments:

Kristi The Book Faery said...

I think that's hilarious, April fools or not! I'd love to hear what her reaction was! You should post that :o]

I'm a new follower, glad I came by! Your site is gorgeous!

Kristi-The Book Faery's Book Blogger Hop

Helena Sparrow said...

LOL nice present ;p

New follower here! *waves*

Helena @ Vamps R Us

Sara said...

It's funny that you counted your books.

http://booksyourkidswilllove.blogspot.com/2011/03/follow-friday-and-book-blogger-hop_31.html

E said...

Hopping by...new follower, love your design!

-E
EreadsAndWrites.com

Vicky said...

New follower here! I'm the same, not really much of a joker. My answer was about someone else's joke, haha.
Happy Hopping!

http://ramblingsofoneinsixbillion.blogspot.com/

Kat said...

@Sara-- Ha ha, yes, I've been known to do 'funny' (cough *crazy* cough) things every now and then. ;)

Anne said...

Firstly, love your header! So pretty!

Second, honestly, you've done more pranking then me, but then I hate pranks, so that's not hard. They just don't make sense to me!

Happy Hopping and New follower here =)

~Anne
(creativityscorner.blogspot.com)

E Kelly said...

Newest follower here via the Friday hop. I'm a new contemporary romance writer and a reader of almost anything! Hope you stop by and check out my blog.

http://writerekelly.blogspot.com/

Howard Sherman said...

At first I wasn't going to participate in this week's Book Blogger Hop. I'm not even sure why.

But here I am. And I'm glad! To dispel any false impressions people may have had about me being a old, stodgy fuddy-duddy I'm happy to share some of my very best pranks with you.

Highlights include - low-grade explosives, eggs and salt shakers. Get all the side-splitting details over on my blog - http://www.howardsherman.net

They date back to my younger years as a Brooklyn boy which brings about some introspection.

I'm going to go pull some pranks today. Look out world! I'm coming out of prankster retirement!
Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Candi Fox said...

Love the blog. i am new to FF
My Facts
1. I own my own personal library with everything from Poe to LKH to Shakespeare to Erotica.
2. I often wish after the end of books their would be more epilouges I want to know what happened next
3. Though I love the convenience of an e book there is nothing like picking up a book and seeing its pages
4. I am currently writing my own book.. I hope to be an author when I grow up.
5. I have a wl on amazon that has about two hundred books

www.badabingnow.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I'm not much of a prankster either, but my husband definitely is. He loves to trick me. You can read about what he did to me on my wedding day on my blog :)

Glad to have found you via the Hop!

Elizabeth said...

No pranks to report from me. Funny about the teeth.

I am stopping by from the blog hop.

Hope you have a fun blog hop.

Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...