Saturday, March 19, 2011

In My Mailbox (11)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.  The idea behind IMM is not only to put new books on our radars but also to encourage blogger interaction. IMM explores the weekly contents of our mailboxes: books bought, received, won, and borrowed, along with other goodies and swag. 

I got quite a few books these past two weeks, from many different sources and ranging across many different genres, from epic historical fiction to manga to paranormal romance and swag.  It's possibly my most random mailbox ever, and I'm so happy to finally own the complete Hunger Games trilogy!!

For Review:   


Won:


Borrowed:
 

Bought:


-- Picture Perfect: An Expired Reality Novella by David N Alderman
--ARC of Relic Master: The Dark City by Catherine Fisher
-- Catching Fire and Mockingjay, books #1 and 2 of the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins 
--Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson  (read my review)
--Swoon by Nina Malkin (read my review)
-- Mirage (aka Scroll of Saqqara) by Pauline Gedge
-- Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 15 by Hiromu Arakawa
-- The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
-- Awesome bunch of swag and bookmarks featuring tons of YA bestsellers and some of my favorite books (not pictured because my camera is not letting me transfer pictures-- argh!)

Thanks to: 
 -- Jennifer at Extreme Reader Book Reviews 
-- My Aunt D
-- Penguin Group Book Publications
-- David N Alderman


So, what's in your mailbox this week?

11 comments:

Uniquely Moi Books said...

You got a LOT of great books this week! I heard such great things about The Hunger Games series but haven't read them myself. I enjoyed Wintergirls and I want The Iron Thorn!

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Swoon looks SO good! I love The Hunger Games trilogy! Enjoy!

Amber said...

You won some really great reads. I've got Swoon in my TBR pile and I lurve The Hunger Games series. Happy reading!

My Mailbox has some super cool Dark Days of Supernatural stuff in it!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

The Iron Thorn looks really good! Can't wait to hear what you think :)

Sally said...

Great books this week. The Iron Thorn looks awesome - I may have to get it soon.
Happy reading.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-11.html

Alison Can Read said...

Great reads! I'm very interested in Relic Master. I enjoyed Wintergirls.
My IMM

Ava said...

Aw Kat, thanks for the comments on my blog and noticing I'm back blogging! Hopefully I'll stay that way. :)

Jenny said...

Yay, I adore the Hunger Games trilogy! Definitely one of my all time favorites, can't wait to see what you think of those two Kat!

Kat said...

@Jenny-- The Hunger Games trilogy are actually some of my all-time favorites, too! I've already read the series, but I finally own them all-- so I get to read them again! :D

@Alison-- I was very interested in Relic Master, too, seeing as I love Catherine Fisher-- of Incarceron fame--'s books. It's so far so great-- I'm about halfway through!

@Sally+Nic-- I can tell you guys already that the Iron Thorn is pretty brilliant! I'm only a hundred pages in, but it's that fantastic. The writing is beautiful; I can't wait to review it.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my mailbox, everyone! :)

Sugar and Snark said...

Wow great mailbox! Enjoy :)

Bridleless said...

Hi there. Oh, I am happy to see Mirage on here. I hope you enjoy it. I know it's not your typical read but it's good Egyptian fiction! We hope to see you soon, Kat! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...