Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (22)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted at Breaking-The-Spine.com that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week I'm waiting on... 




Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
Coming: November 8th, 2011



Not so very long ago Eragon Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider, was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.
Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chances.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagasia? And if so, at what cost?
This is the much-anticipated, astonishing conclusion to the worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

At loooong last, we have a gorgeous cover and a (rather uncreative) title!! But I'll take what I can get, and have been anxiously awaiting the last Inheritance book along with the masses for far too long!

So, what are you waiting on this Wednesday?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have the first three books in this series sitting on my shelf. I think I'll leave them there until this one comes out, so I can read all of them without having to wait. :)

Laura (All of Everything) said...

Yes! This was my WoW last week, I almost can't believe this book is finally coming! I'll def need to reread the series though, I hardly remember anything

Ruperto Prieto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruperto Prieto said...

I didn't like Eldest. I gave a bad review on it. But if ever Brisngr ( I hope I got the title right) is on sale, I might try and read it. :-)

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

This is not really my type of book but my friends LOVE this series. Great pick :)

TheBookGirl said...

Oh I didn't realize the new one was coming out already...hope you enjoy this...the series is very popular at our used bookshop.

Sugar and Snark said...

Hope November comes quickly then! :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

That is quite the cover! Sounds like a fascinating tale....

Here's MY WOW POST

brandileigh2003 said...

I'm also waiting for this one. We got an email about preorder the other day and I'm excited to see how it wraps up.

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Sarah Allen said...

Cool! Looks interesting. I'm behind on this series, but I'll have to get caught up.

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Lori said...

It was a long time to wait for the 3rd installment in this trilogy. I hope that when you get it, it will be everything you hope it to be. Wanna see what I am Waiting on Wednesday for? Check it out.

Kat said...

@Kayla-- Yep, I'm going to have to reread them all, too. There are a lot of things I don't remember!

@Laura-- Yay! We can wait on it on pins and needles together, then. :)

@Ruperto-- I did think Brisingr was better than Eldest, but then again I liked Eldest, too, so I can't really talk. Hope you'll consider picking up the next book!

@Lori-- Yes, we've all had to wait a VERY long time. Christopher Paolini has tortured me (along with about a billion other people) by taking so long to write it. Hopefully, all his extra time and hard work will pay off!!

Liz said...

Haha, I've read the Eragon series three times, so I'll remember everything when the fourth book comes out.

Back after the third book was published, I made a bet that the last book would be green. (I was right!) And another bet: the fourth dragon egg will hatch in this book, it will be a green male and Arya will be it's rider, and Eragon and Arya will get together. (As well as Arya's dragon and Siphira)

Mark my words, that is what's going to happen! (Angela and Solembum from the first book made some odd predictions, and I've based my theory off of them. So far thier predictions about Eragon has been correct.)

Also... I think I know where Eragon will find the Dragon's Hearts that Galbatorix his hiding. ..."The Vault of Souls." It comes in handy re-reading the first book. :)

Liz said...

Sorry, that was kind of a rant. But almost no one I know reads the Eragon books, and I've been dying to talk about my predictions. :)

Kat said...

@Liz-- Ooh, I bet you are right about the Vault of Souls!! Everyone says Arya will be the last Dragon Rider-- I bet they're right, too. I really need to reread the Inheritance series-- good on you, Liz, for being ready! Now we only have to wait about... 4 more months. (aka an eternity) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...