Saturday, March 26, 2011

In My Mailbox (12)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie. The idea behind IMM is not only to put new books on our radars but also to encourage blogger interaction. IMM explores the weekly contents of our mailboxes: books bought, received, won, and borrowed, along with other goodies and swag.

I braved the current rainy weather to visit the library this week, mostly to search for books to read for my Goodreads book clubs' upcoming Diabolical Reading Challenge.  But, of course, a few books (READ: way too many books) were just too good to be passed over even though they didn't meet the challenge qualifications. :D

Here's what I got:

From the Library:  

For Review:

--Hunger (Horsemen of the Apocalypse Book #1) by Jackie Morse Kessler 
-- Bitter Melon by Cara Chow
-- Sapphique (Incarceron Book #2) by Catherine Fisher 
-- Vixen (The Flappers #1) by Jillian Larkin
-- Cherry Heaven by LJ Adlington 
-- Glimmerglass by Jenna Black
-- The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness
--Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi 
-- Black Juice by Margo Lanagan
-- Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury

Thanks to: 
-- the Gaston/Lincoln Library Branch 
--Simon & Schuster


So, what's in your mailbox this week?

15 comments:

flanpnhfpnanfnFN said...

Glimmerglass, Bitter Melon, Warped, and Vixen have all been sounding great! Hope you enjoy :)

http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

I have GlimmerGlass on loan from the library, and I can't wait to start it! Great IMM!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Great stack of books! Can't wait to hear what you think of Hunger :)

Sugar and Snark said...

WoW! Great mailbox! Enjoy :)

Ruperto Prieto said...

Cool books! Enjoy!

Here's mine: http://bookablereads.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-34-low-intensity.html

Me My Shelf And I said...

Great IMM! I have a few of the ones you got from the library all backed up on my TBR list waiting to be read.

Here's My IMM
http://www.memyshelfandi.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-march-27th.html

Lisbeth said...

You have quite a lot of good books. I read Vixen and it was great!

Hope you enjoy them!
Happy Reading
Lisbeth @The Book Geek

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I enjoyed Sapphique. I got Hunger this week too. I'm excited for it.
My IMM

Kat said...

@Lisabeth-- Your link's not working-- not sure why, just wanted to let you know since I know a lot of us paste the same link in every comment. Anyway, glad to hear that Vixen's great! :)

@Alison-- I have been trying to get my hands on Sapphique for the longest time! I actually gave my copy away in a giveaway several months ago, but never actually read it. Glad you enjoyed it!

@Nic-- So far I'm loving Hunger. I read Rage first, and it was fantastic.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my mailbox, guys. :)

Bridleless said...

Hey there. was in the bookstore last night with "F" smelling books - love the smell of the book store and wish you were there! He wants to read Angel, the new James Patterson - have you read it yet? I saw this book Saphique? Is that a good series? xoxoxoxo

Kat said...

@Brideless-- Hey!! I *love* the smell of bookstores, too, and happily got to visit one today. I haven't read Angel, but will be interested to hear if F thinks it's any good! I didn't love the last few, but the first three books are great.

The book that comes before Sapphique-- Incarceron-- is really awesome, yes! It's a really fun series, and I can't wait to read the sequel. Want to see you guys soon!! :D

Ava said...

Wow that's an awesome pile from the library! I wish my library had that many great books just sitting on the shelves. They never seem to have that much I'm interested in. I paticularly would love to read The Knife of Never Letting Go and Vixen. Awesome mailbox this week!

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

Yay! We're the Knife of Never Letting Go twins this week! haha! Vixen and Hunger both look like incredible books, I can't wait to see your reviews!
Hope you're having an awesome weekend Kat! :)

Audra said...

Been wanting to read Vixen for forever!

April (BooksandWine) said...

The Knife Of Never Letting Go is excellent. I'm still cut up over the sad parts in it. It's sooooooo good.

Happy reading :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...