Thursday, December 16, 2010

Follow Friday+Book Blogger Hop (10)

It's time for Follow Friday and the Book Blogger Hop!  Follow Friday is hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View, and the Hop can be found weekly over at Crazy-for-Books.   I'd like to extend a warm semi-holiday welcome to new followers and everyone stopping by A Myriad of Books for the first time today, as well as any old followers dropping by to say hi. :)  This Friday is extra...er, Friday-ful, because it is the last one before school winter holiday begins in the US.  I can hardly wait!  

This week's featured book blogger at FF is Carmel @  Rabid Reads !  Her blog is one of my very favorites, so be sure to check out her blog and follow if you haven't already.

The question was 'What did you study in college and does it lead up to what you do now?' 
My answer: Ha, I'm still in high school, so I can't exactly say whether my major paid off yet. :) However, I hope to major in English and Journalism, along with studying some history and Spanish.
And the Book Blogger Hop question is "What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?" 
My answer: When I fall in love with a book, it's because I've fallen in love with the characters.  Plot is important, too, of course, but it's the characters that make a book.  When I write, I always dream up the characters first because it's impossible to dream up a plot if you don't know your characters and how they will react in situations and make the plot dynamic.  

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a wonderful beginning to their holiday breaks!


13 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! I completely agree about falling in love with a story and its characters!

New Follower Return the favor?

Moonlight Gleam's Bookshelf

BLHmistress said...

Old follower, stopping by to wish you a Happy Holidays.

My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

Belinda said...

Happy HOP! This week's question wasn't so simple to answer but ultimately it was characters for me. That's where I make my connection to the story. LOVE your blog and I'm a new follower
Come HOP by The Bookish Snob

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

I agree when I write (or try to write more like it) I always think up the characters first.

Have a good weekend!

Tina said...

I love your answers! It was a hard decision for me too, but personally, I think that the story and plotline are equally as important as each other, so I agree.

Your blog is adorable, by the way, and I'm definitely following you for more reviews and awesome posts!

Happy reading,
Tina @ Book Couture

Cindy said...

I'm so loving your blog! I absolutely love finding new YA book blogs so I'm a new follower.

If you'd like to check mine out, you can do so here:

http://www.bookscompleteme.com/2010/12/follow-my-book-blog-friday-4.html

Emi said...

Well hiiiiiiiidy ho there Kat! Found your blog through FF, and now I'm a new follower! Great answer for this weeks questions. I'm a junior in college studying English myself, and LOVING it! I hope you have a great week (happy Friday), and look forward to your future posts!

Emi
http://oktopusink.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I did not go to college, and I am currently retired. I worked for over 15 years in the secretarial division of Emery Air Freight in the 1960s and 1970s. I was a stay-at-home mom for the 1980s and 1990s, and now I am helping my daughter with her business, Tribute Books as the volunteer office manager.

Howard Sherman said...

This might be the best Book Blogger Hop question I've seen to date.

So what's the answer? Plot! Hop over to my blog and let me tell you how a good plot rescued bad characters from bad book oblivion.

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

pussreboots said...

I graduated from high school nearly 20 years ago but I'm back in college. I prefer characters over plot. But both are important. Happy Blog Hop.

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

Yay for majoring in English! Me too, well I think anyway lol!
I totally agree about the characters being most important.
Happy Friday Kat!

Sugarbeat said...

Happy Friday follow! I like your answers and I'm your newest follower. Drop by my blog and say hi! I can be found at Sugarbeat's Books

Laura Massey said...

Hey Kat! I'm classically trained so I sing opera arias and art songs. Mozart, Schubert, Debussy. That kind of stuff. It's a lot of fun.

Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...