Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated YA of 2011

 Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created and hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week the topic is 


Top Ten Most Anticipated Books in 2011 




Here's my list, in no particular order: 

1. Huntress by Malinda Lo 

Right now I'm reading Ash (among many other books), and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more by this author.  


2. Across the Universe by Beth Revis 

I've actually scored an ARC of this one.  Hurry up, mailman!! 


3. Steel by Carrie Vaughn 

This one sounds like a lot of fun, like all of her books I've read.  Bring on the pirates! 


4. The Demon's Surrender by Sarah Rees Brennan 

I am so obsessed with the first two books in this series.  Can't wait to become obsessed with the last book, too.  


5. The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan 

I love the Forest of Hands and Teeth series.  Such a perfect, eerie modern take on zombies.  

6. Wither by Lauren DeStefano 

I see this book made a lot of people's lists.  I'm dying to read it and positive it will only fuel my current dystopia fixation.  

7. Luminous by Dawn Metcalf 

This book had me at the cover.  But the promise of an alternative universe sounds exciting, too.  


8. The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver 

9. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray 

Cover just released!  This features a bunch of beauty queens stranded on a deserted island.  And... Libba Bray.  Enough said.  

10. Plague by Micheal Grant 

The next book in the Gone series.  April can't come fast enough!  









9 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list! Thanks for stopping by and checking out mine! The Demon Trapper's Daughter is on my TBR list for 2011, it just didn't make my top 10.

Top Ten Tuesday

Jenny said...

Fabulous choices, so many of those are on my list as well. Especially Wither, Across the Universe, Steel, and the Demon Trapper's Daughter. So many good books coming out next year!

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

I’m not as up to speed on the 2011 releases as I should be, but I’m seeing some interesting trends on everyone’s lists. Apparently I need to be getting really excited about Wither. My TBR pile continues to expand…

Jamie said...

I have Wither on my list! I haven't heard of most of these on your list..will be checking them all out on Goodreads for sure!

Straylights said...

I still have to read Forest of Hands and Teeth :-/
Demon Trappers daughter sounds really good!


Top Ten Tuesday

danya said...

Wither made my list as well! And I'm looking forward to Steel, too - haven't read anything with pirates in it for a while now :D

Anonymous said...

Great list! Wither is on my list too...and I added a bunch of yours to my Goodreads TBR. :)

Krystal said...

Nice blog :)
And great top 10. Wither made my list, but I forgot about The Demon Trapper's Daughter!

Check out my list here!

Ava said...

This is such a great list! I'm looking forward to just about all the same ones, especially Steel, Dark and Hollow Places, Wither, Luminous, and Beauty Queens! (Love Libba Bray so much) :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...