Sunday, December 26, 2010

In My Mailbox: The Under-My-Christmas-Tree Edition

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.  The idea behind IMM is not only to put new books on our radars but also to encourage blogger interaction. IMM explores the weekly contents of our mailboxes: books bought, received, won, and borrowed, along with other goodies and swag.

This Christmas was a very, very merry one-- I had a great time with my family, and was able to check off most everything from my holiday wish list.  Needless to say, most of these items were bookish in nature. :)  Here's what I got:


--Pegasus by Robin McKinley 
--Burned (House of Night #7) by PC+ Kristin Cast 
--Firelight by Sophie Jordan 
--Ascendant (Killer Unicorns #2) by Diana Peterfreund 
--Unwind by Neal Shusterman 
--Fullmetal Alchemist volumes 13-14 by Hiromu Arakawa (to feed my increasingly worrisome manga addiction)  
--The Sorceror's Companion (A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter) by Allan Zola Kronzek 
--Music of Glee CD (Volume 4) (Couldn't resist adding it to the pic-- any Gleeks reading here?)
-- A super-awesome Muggle t-shirt from Hot Topic

My people know me well-- I'm such a Harry Potter freak.  I was especially excited to receive this gigantic reference guide to the world and mythology of HP: 

I hope everyone had an excellent Christmas and I wish you all an equally awesome New Year's!  Check back soon for my three-part round-up of Best I've Read 2010 to close out the year.  :) 
 
So, what's in your mailbox this week?


6 comments:

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

You got a great stack of books. I really enjoyed Firelight. Happy reading :)

Kristina said...

Great Books, The HP looks interesting, have fun reading.

Amber said...

I'm so in love with your Muggle shirt! You got an awesome selections of books. I hope you enjoy them all!

My Christmas Edition Mailbox

Laura (All of Everything) said...

I'm totally jealous of that HP book :P so cool! I've read Unwind, really cool book, and apparently it might be made into a movie!

Kat said...

@ Nic-- I just started Firelight (along with three other books), and so far it's really great! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. :)

@ Laura-- Ooh, didn't know Unwind might be a movie. It sounds like a fascinating premise!

Manga Maniac said...

You got some awesome books! I did not get even one book for Christmas, so I feel very deprived.

I can hardly wait to see what you think of Pegasus - it is on my wishlist. And FMA rocks! Great manga series :)

Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...