Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My YA Favorites of 2010: Part 1

And the categories are...*drumroll*

Best Dystopia 

Mockingjay by Suzanne Colins 
Best New Series Book 
  The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan 
 The Dead-tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan 
Lies by Micheal Grant 

Most Amazing Fantasy/Sci-fi World 
 Pegasus by Robin McKinley 

Best Short Story Collection 
Zombies vs Unicorns (edited by Larbalestier, Black) 
 The Poison Eaters by Holly Black 

Best Modern Faerie Tale 
Tyger Tyger by Kersten Hamilton

 
Well, what do you guys think?  There are more categories to come-- I'm thinking of making this a three-part series of posts, since it's so much fun.  The linked titles lead to reviews, except the Incarceron one, which leads to my giveaway.  Anyway, drop a comment saying which book you would nominate for whatever category, which book you wouldn't, etc.  
Next up: Best Graphic Novel and Coolest Fantasy Creature(s).

 


   

7 comments:

Ruperto Prieto said...

hi! nice list!!! I'm just discovering YA and so far I'm loving it! I've read Gone and I think it's just awesome!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amelia said...

I love your categories! And I like the books you selected - TYGER TYGER is definitely the best modern fantasy story!

brandileigh2003 said...

Wonderful list. I know Matched and Iron Queen are some of my faves.

Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Alison Can Read said...

Loved Beautiful Darkness, Incareron, and Iron Queen!

Anonymous said...

Read over your list of faves. I randomly decided to try "The Dead Tossed Waves". Let ya know what I think.

Ava said...

You made 3 awesome lists! I'm jealous of the fact you had the chance to read this many... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...