Saturday, December 11, 2010

In My Mailbox (6)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.  The idea behind IMM is not only to put new books on our radars but also to encourage blogger interaction. IMM explores the weekly contents of our mailboxes: books bought, received, won, and borrowed, along with other goodies and swag. 

This week I was so excited to find a package of shiny new (and most importantly THICK) books in my mailbox.  :)

In My Mailbox:
  
Virals by Kathy Reichs: This is a Maximum Ride-esque adventure novel written by Kathy Reichs, author and creator of the Bones book and TV drama series.  The book stars Tory Brennan, Tempe's fourteen year old niece and one smart girl.  I'm already fifty pages into this one, and already I can say that I most definitely recommend it!
 Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare: I'm a huge fan of Cassandra's Mortal Instrument series, so I have high expectations for this one.  I hear it's somewhat steampunk-ish, so more power to it.  And the cover is fantastic.   
Shadows of the Redwood by Gillian Summers: The first Faire Folk trilogy are some of the most fun faerie-themed books I've ever read-- not the best writing or even most original plot, but the magic of their renaissance faire setting more than makes up for what the plot lacks.  Looking forward to this one.


Matched by Ally Condie: I've read nothing but rave reviews of this new dystopian novel. Seems like I'm the last person in the book-blogging world to read it, but I couldn't be more thrilled.  


So, what's in your mailbox this week?

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Wow, those are all great novels! I especially loved Matched; it really lived up to expectations for me.
Here's my IMM. Happy reading! :)

Jenny said...

Ohhhh so many good ones there! I absolutely loved Matched, though I think it's been hit or miss for most people. Clockwork Angel was one of my favorites as well and I'm dying to read Virals. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on these!

Amber said...

Shadows of the Redwood's cover is super creepy. I got Matched last week and can't wait to read it. I hope you enjoy all your books.

My Mailbox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...