Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

  
"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly blogging event hosted at Breaking-The-Spine.com that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.  This week I'm waiting on...  




Delirum by Lauren Oliver 
Publication Date: February 1st, 2011 

Synopsis (from Goodreads): Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love. 


More dystopia!!  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  Everyone who has reviewed ARCs of this book say it's amazing, and I love the sound of the synopsis, which reminds me of the Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfeld-- one of my favorite series.  I still hope to get an ARC of this book, but currently my TBR pile is actually three wobbly stacks. :)

So, what are you waiting on this Wednesday? 

3 comments:

Ava said...

I can't wait to read this one! I hope we both enjoy it. :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one sounds wonderful. I've been noticing it around.

Here's mine:

http://lindsaymalone.wordpress.com/2010/12/01/waiting-on-wednesday-dec-1/

Sniffly Kitty said...

Ooh, I have this on my to-read list from NetGalley~~

Sniffly Kitty
Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books
Btw, I'm starting a new meme called Third Sentence Thursdays

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...