Thursday, December 16, 2010

YA Historical Fiction Challenge 2011

Since today's a snow day (without the actual snow, just 'icy road conditions') in NC, I've declared today Official 2011 Challenge-Entering Day.  I'm going to post about all the awesome 2011 reading challenges I've signed up for so far, hopefully join a few more, and I will be adding a 'Challenges' page to the blog to help organize things.  If you know or are hosting an awesome YA challenge in 2011, just drop me a comment so I can come check it out. So far it looks like next year is going to be one busy year for reading and marking off challenge lists. ;)


YA Historical Fiction Challenge hosted by Sab at YA Bliss 
Choose your level:

Level 1: 5 YA HF books in 2011
Level 2: 10 YA HF books in 2011
Level 3: 15 YA HF books in 2011
 Rules:
  • All Historical Fiction books must be YA or MG
  • Books don't have to be 2011 releases.
  • Anyone can join. Please link to a public (web) place I can find you.
  • You can join at anytime. The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011 
I'm going for Level 3-- may as well shoot for the moon, right? *gags on overused cliche*  I love historical fiction, but have been neglecting it lately due to my dystopia craze.  Sab has links to several lists of YA HF on her challenge post, and I've compiled a list of books I hope to read for the challenge. *Drumroll*...

Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly               
Timeless by Alexandra Monir                 
Daughter of Xanadu by Dori Jones Yang   
Cleopatra's Moon by Vicky Alveur Shecter  
The Lost Crown by Sarah Miller                   
The House of Dead Maids by Clare B Dunkle                                                    
Wrapped by Jennifer Bradbury                 
Chime by Franny Billingsley                          
The Revanant by Sonia Gensler                                                          
The Stolen One by Suzanne Corlisle Crowley                                                  
Wicked Girls: A Novel of the Salem Witch Trials by Stephanie Hemphil                         
The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell











2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wicked Girls looks so good I can't wait to read it!

Sab H. said...

Thanks for joining! Wonderful choices, good luck ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...