Thursday, December 30, 2010

My YA Favorites of 2010: Part 2

And today's categories are...*drumroll* 

Coolest Creature(s) 
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce (for Fenris werewolves)
  Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund (for killer unicorns) 
Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn 

Best Graphic Novel 
Picture the Dead by Adele Griffin, Lisa Brown 
 Children of the Sea series by Daisuke Igarashi 

Best Movie Adaptations of Books 
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (part 1) by JK Rowling 
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis 
 Eclipse (Twilight #3) by Stephanie Meyer 
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan 

Best Historical Fiction 
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare 
 Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran
Splendor by Anna Godbersen  


All of these books were released in 2010, except for Cleopatra's Daughter, which I read in 2010, but was released in late 2009. 
So what do you guys think?  Comments and suggestions for new categories are always welcome. :) 
Next up: Most Beautiful Cover and Best Paranormal Romance.
 
 

3 comments:

brandileigh2003 said...

I really need to read voices for dragons.

Unknown said...

Great picks! Voices of Dragons caught my eye as well. Thanks. :)

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Yikes, I have read so few from your list. I have Sister Red sitting in my reading stack, I will move it up immediately.

Ascendants sounds good with it killer unicorns. Different but good :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...